mpw63.

My story from the Missouri Photo Workshop in Clinton, Missourah.

Glen Stewart: Holding His Own

“I lived the good life when I was 24. I was making 19 bucks an hour.”

Glen Stewart, 43, of Clinton, Mo., once had his own roofing business and made enough money to help out his parents and even fix up their house. Over the years, he ran into a series of events that changed his life: He lost his eye when a friend smashed a piece of firewood through his car window; he was involved in a car accident; and his father died in a tornado.

“My father's death left me depressed,” Glen said.

Today Glen lives in the same house he grew up in. He makes his money working odd jobs and living off of social security while his mom and three roommates help pay the utility bills. Glen finds a way to make the most of life with his unique charm and personality. Clinton residents familiar with Glen enjoy his company and revel in his oddities. Those distant from Glen are alarmed by the state of his house. Despite Glen's difficulties maintaining an everyday job, he gets by on his five acre grandfathered-house in Clinton.

No comments: